ATMA Dance seeks a freelance Producer or Project Manager
Approx 20 days between December 2019 and July 2020
Fee £150-175 per day dependent on experience
ATMA Dance is looking for a Producer or Project Manager to support the creation, production and initial performances of Spy Monkey, an exciting new work for family audiences. This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the work of a diverse, ambitious and flexible company. ATMA is a South Asian dance company that makes work for a range of audiences and settings.
Working collaboratively with the Artistic Director, varied responsibilities will include coherent planning and delivery across the different phases of the project, including but not limited to:
- Finance – budgeting, invoicing, making payments, monitoring cash-flow and bank account
- Team – internal meetings, contracting
- Marketing – campaign planning, print production, liaising with venues, social media, website maintenance
- Partnerships – liaising with venues and funders, developing new relationships, consolidating interest for future bookings/touring, supporting a future touring Project Grants application
- Logistics – scheduling, booking travel and accommodation
- Reporting – to the ATMA Board, ACE and other funders
Project funding is secured from Arts Council England Project Grants, a commission from GemArts and performance fees from five venues – including a new consortium of venues in the South East supported by Surf the Wave seed funding. Rehearsal and production spaces are confirmed, and the majority of the team on board. A project plan is in place, to be handed over from ATMA’s current Associate Producer (on maternity leave from Christmas 2019); so this project is set up and ready to go, but still has plenty of scope for someone to make their mark on.
The company is London-based, but remote working can be considered for suitable candidates.
Expressions of Interest: To apply please send CV, cover letter and contact details for 1 or 2 professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org asap, and by 4pm Monday 25 November latest.